Monday, May 5, 2014

Urban Narrative Project

                             Hey guys, so for my Urban Narrative Project I wanted to focus on the streets of Winston-Salem. I wanted to write and record a song about my experiences within and outside the city. I wanted to explore some of the different themes of the city that we worked on this year such as: the city being a breeding ground of evil and sin, hiding the truth and portraying falsehoods, and the city being lonely. So I tried to include these themes within my song, and at the same time portray a unique and mysterious beauty that I feel the city has. Here is the first draft of my song titled "The City"...

and here are the lyrics-

The City
Head out into the city,
Found a reason to be pretty.
Singed and danced, and danced and swirled,
And all of this was for a girl.
Man, she looks oh so pretty! How can I keep up this sham…
The streets are dark and deep and cold, they leave me feeling so alone.
(Chorus)
People around me, Carry on without me. They dance and sing, and twirl and live,
their separate lives without me. People around me, wouldn’t care to find me
if they knew how lost I was.
Gotta leave the city, God I feel so shitty.
I danced too much, and sang too much, and now I don’t know who to trust.
I tried to get away, at least just for today.
But when there’s so much work to be done, how can I go and play.
The streets are dark and deep and cold, they leave me feeling so alone,
But I don’t care which way I go, because I am feeling to dang bold!
(Chorus)
Oh How I tried to hide myself, but the streets neglect to tell.
Oh How I tried to hide my rage, but the streets leave me feeling just the same.
(Chorus)


And finally here is the fixed and updated final version of the song. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment